This Fire House has become the very symbol of Auburn. It has been photographed and drawn by artists countless times.
It was built in 1891 with money raised by the citizens of the town. It was in service from 1891 until 1954.
In 1957, the citizens of the town again raised funds and this time moved the Fire House to save it from destruction when the freeway through town was widened.
This Fire House is on the National Register of Historic Places # 11000937.