The Reiki Dojo
Esoteric Gardens Reiki Dojo in Three Rivers, California offers Reiki Workshops. You do not have to travel to Stonehenge or Sedona in order to experience and enjoy a Reiki Class in a retreat type setting. Oak trees, buckeye trees, ceanothus, manzanita, redbud, spring wildflowers and grasses are waiting to greet you in Three Rivers in the southern Sierra Nevada.
Three Rivers (located 8 miles from the entrance to Sequoia National Park, elevation 800-1,800 feet, and population 2,600) was established in the late 1800s. Travel time from either San Francisco or Los Angeles is approximately 4-5 hrs. The area offers native plant gardens, river rafting, historical museums, the St. Anthony Retreat Center, the Deeper Well Retreats & Workshops, and is filled with a variety of artists and art activities including town murals and studio tours. And there is ample lodging available in Three Rivers.
Esoteric Gardens Reiki Dojo offers four levels of classes in either the Usui Reiki Ryoho or in the Gendai Reiki Ho styles of Reiki. The style one chooses to learn is simply a matter of personal preference. Usui Reiki Ryoho closely follows traditional Japanese techniques. Gendai Reiki Ho, also known as Modern Japanese Reiki, employs a combination of Japanese and Western techniques.
The classes at Esoteric Gardens Reiki Dojo are usually conducted outside with your feet connected directly to Earth Energy. An alternative setting for poor weather is in a room filled with plants.
- Reiki I (Shoden): Pre-requisite - none
- Reiki II (Okuden): Pre-requisite - Reiki I from Esoteric Gardens Reiki Dojo or from another teacher of any Reiki style
- Each class is two days, 10 am - 4:30 pm
- Class includes a Reiki Manual and a certificate upon completion and continued email support
- Class size 2-6 students. Private individual instruction also available at an additional $25/class.
- Cost: Reiki I $150; Reiki II $200 Fees include a light vegetarian lunch and herbal teas. Lunch is not just lunch. It is actually part of the Reiki Experience at the Dojo.
- Family and/or senior discounts are available.
- Reiki III/IV (Shinpiden/Shihan) levels: more information at the Esoteric Gardens website.
Aranga Firstman, began studying Reiki in 1992. She is a Reiki Master/Teacher, Shihan and Shinpiden skilled in Usui Shiki Ryoho, Usui/Tibetan Reiki, Gendai Reiki Ho and Usui Reiki Ryoho styles of Reiki. She holds a B.S. and M.S. in Biological Sciences and a Ph.D. in Education and is retired from the College of the Sequoias. She is currently a University of California Co-operative Extension Master Gardener and an artist specializing in inner-dimensional energy paintings.