Ponderosa Ridge A Bed & Breakfast is located amongst the Apple Hill Area ranches and wineries in Placerville, of El Dorado County, CA. We are nestled on an 11-acre property, including 3 acres of an apple orchard. That guests may pick. We are the first and only Bed & Breakfast that belongs to the Apple Hill Growers Association.
Placerville is a charming California “gold rush” town named after the placer gold deposits found in its’ river beds and hills in the late 1840s. It’s treasured heritage is reflected in the historical, nineteenth-century architecture of its downtown core. An important historic landmark that still remains on Main Street is the Bell Tower, standing as a monument to the city’s volunteer firemen. Today, the Bell Tower serves as a gathering place for parades, celebrations, and other Historic Main Street events. In addition, Placerville is the County seat and the center of financial, commercial, civic, and Government activity.
Placerville, CA - 1848
- Historic Landmark #475 (Old Dry Diggins to Hangtown to Placerville)
- Historic Landmark #701 Overland Pony Express Route
- Gold Bug Park
- Apple Hill Area
- Art Galleries
- Rafting the South Fork of the American River
- Hiking in the El Dorado National Forest
- Museums: Fountain & Tallman Museum - El Dorado County Historical Museum - Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
- Gold found Jan. 24, 1848 (only 8 miles from Placerville, CA)